Monday, March 18, 2013

the moral of the story is...

Hello all!

I would like to tell you about my little experience I had this weekend with my fantastic fiance. 

Tom and I have both lost around 10 pounds and have seemed stuck at that weight for a while now.  So we decided to "splurge" one night so our bodies could have something to burn off even more.  I was more than excited to go all out.  However, I probably should not have done it the way I did...

We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant and I ordered my usual that I used to get before going on this diet.  I ate all of it and more.  About 15 minutes after I finished, I went to the ladies room and was very nauseous.  After I was done being nauseous...., I felt fine!  I felt like maybe my food just was too much... that was until I got home and was ....nauseous... even more. 

The moral of my story is that I just sent my body into shock.  I have been eating healthy for a little over 2 months and I completely messed my body up by having the worst food possible for me. 

So, just be careful if one day you are going to decide to go all out and eat whatever you want.  Chances are, Mexican food is probably not the best idea.  Start slow!

Enough of the gross stuff...  Here is what is on our menu for tonight..  If you feel like eating after all that. =)

Tacos and taco salad... YUM!

*Cook taco meat as normal. (you can also throw some chicken in there for chicken lovers like me)
*For kiddos or other people not on a low carb diet, get regular tortillas. 
*Stores also have low carb tortillas that have about 4-6 carbs, depending on the size.
*Or just cut up some lettuce, slap all the taco toppings on the salad and there you go.

We usually use tomatoes, onions, cheese, salsa, cilantro, sour cream, etc for our toppings.  You can also use guacamole.  All those veggies are good carbs!

This is an easy meal to fit everyone's needs in the family.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment