Thursday, February 7, 2013

Newbie

This is my first time blogging so bare with me.  I need a place to vent sometimes.  I also would like to share with you my experiences while trying to get in shape for a wedding and save money!! Those two things are the hardest tasks I have tried to accomplish in my past few months. 

I have been dancing since I was 4 years old. When I was in high school, I would dance 3-4 times a week for about 4 hours.  I was in the best shape of my life.  Then life happened after high school.  College happened.  Pizza, chicken tenders, brownies... anything was fair game.  However, I stepped on the scale about 6 months ago and my jaw dropped.  Something needed to change! 

So, my wonderful fiance and I took the challenge of eating healthier.  Not just by watching our calories or eating more fruits and veggies.  I mean really eating healthy.  We decided to take on the Atkins challenge. Yes... LOW CARB.  Meaning no more pizza, no more chicken tenders, and no more brownies. We try to limit ourselves to 20 carbs a day.  I thought I was going to cave within the first week. However, I am one month into it and have lost 5 pounds!   5 pounds is a miracle for me because I have never seen weight go away.  I have only seen it add on. 

My brothers girlfriend +Natalie Seefeldt is now looking at trying to go low carb and I am here to help.  Throughout my posts I would like to post recipes and tips on how to stay on track.  

My first tip:
Get a food tracker for your phone. Or even write it down in a journal so you can see what you are eating.  I use a app called "Lose It."  My fiance uses "My Fitness Pal."  These are both great apps that track your food and exercise.  It will tell you the calories you are allowed to consume in a day.  It also tracks your five letter word- C-A-R-B-S.  I encourage you to try one of these apps so you can have a clear view of how you are eating. 







There will be more tips to come to help you all out!

No comments:

Post a Comment